If you have something you want to write or submit, we’d like to hear from you. You can contribute in two ways:
- Submit online now - This option allows you to upload your item to the site and to complete an online proforma that describes the item you are uploading. These will first go to the site administrator so your item will not appear immediately on the site.
- Send later - This option allows you to download a proforma to describe your item for submission, both of which can then be emailed or posted to the site administrator.
Confirmation that appropriate permission has been obtained for the item to be included in youthworkwales must be provided.
Information for Contributors
The editorial group actively seeks the submission of original articles, historical documents and reports for inclusion in youthworkwales. They particularly welcome bilingual articles.
Articles should be relevant to the aims and purposes of the Youth Service in Wales and could include:
- Student assignments/research reports that merit a wider audience and which could contribute to the development of youth work thinking in Wales;
- Versions of key publications that have been removed from websites and are no longer accessible. This will preserve them in one place;
- Historical organisational documents that show the development of youth work practice in Wales;
- Articles or reports written by youth work lecturers and tutors;
- Articles or reports written by youth workers or produced by youth organisations.
Length and Content of original articles
Original articles should normally be between 500 and 5,000 words in length. The focus of youthworkwales is not only upon contemporary issues; articles informed by historical evidence or with a historical focus will be considered.
Presentation of original articles
All articles should be typed with double spacing, preferably using Arial, minimum font size 12. Use English spelling conventions (eg. programme, organise, neighbourhood). All articles should be written in English or Welsh. The language should be accessible, free from jargon and sensitive to issues of equality and difference/diversity. Illustrations and diagrams within articles are welcomed but relevant permissions should be obtained and they should be referenced appropriately.
Final decisions about inclusion of material will be made by the editorial group of youthworkwales. The editors reserve the right to make minor modifications to original articles before they go to press, with reference to house style, legibility and grammatical conventions. However, any in-depth editing will be discussed with the author(s) prior to publication.