Session Plan competition
Youthworkwales offers 10 x £50 prizes for session plan with young people
Youthworkwales, the resource base for youth workers in Wales, is offering ten £50 prizes for individuals in Wales to design a session plan for youth workers to use with young people aged 11-25.
The session plan should be 30 minutes long and promote effective group work with young people around well-being or a health issue (please DO NOT submit a full programme, handbook or workbook)
Applicants must be youth workers in Wales at any level and can be students, employees or volunteers in any youth work or youth work related sector.
The session plan submitted will be assessed by the editorial team of Youthworkwales and ten applicants who submit the best session plans will each receive a prize of £50.
Applications are invited using the pro forma. The pro forma should be returned by Friday 22 June 2018 by email to email@example.com
Criteria for activity session:
- Design a 30-minute session plan for an activity to promote effective group work amongst a group of young people aged from 11-25;
- The session plan should be participatory and focus on well-being or a health issue;
- The session plan must be an original piece of work or adapted from an existing activity. If the session is adapted, the original source must be acknowledged and cited;
- The session plan must include a clear start and end, along with a short ice-breaker;
- While the session is designed for use with young people, the session plan will mainly be accessed and used by youth workers and youth work students. Therefore, it needs to reflect this and be designed in a way that is user-friendly;
- Applicants must submit a completed pro forma to accompany the session plan;
- The closing date for session plans to be submitted is Friday 16 March 2018;
- Applicants will be notified by Friday 30 March 2018;
- All prizewinning session plans, along with additional session plans that are suitable, will be included on the Youthworkwales website and available publicly. The author will be credited;
- Support from the Youthworkwales editorial team will be available but the applicant should be able to demonstrate a high level of autonomy in designing the session plan.
Assessment criteria for applications:
a. Relevance of the activity and session plan
b. The extent to which it meets the brief and answers the pro forma questions
c. Consistency with sound youth work principles and values
d. Creativity and innovation
e. Writing style