By default any phrase you enter will be searched for in its entirety e.g. if you enter Youth Work Wales it will search for that exact phrase and will not find any occurrences of Youth, Work, Work Wales Youth etc.
Results will be ordered alphabetically
Search by category
Resources in the site have been placed into one or more subject categories. You can limit your search term to one of the categories in the drop down list.
Search Results (8)
Showing results using some of your search terms
Health and Wellbeing: A guide to working with young people
Author: Public Health Wales NHS Trust, Aneurin Bevan Gwent Public Health Team, PYOG 2018
This guide was developed as a resource for Youth Workers and a wide range of other professionals and volunteers who deliver health and well-being messages to children and young people aged 11-25. It provides health promotion information and activities on a range of topic areas.
For some of the activities you will need internet access to view videos
Throughout the guide there are worksheets for which you will need access to a printer
Two PowerPoint presentations are available for download separately
The Youth Service Curriculum provides the foundation for developing high quality work with young people in Caerphilly. It enables youth workers to plan, deliver and evaluate their work in a systematic and measurable way, ensuring that beneficial outcomes for young people are achieved.
The curriculum outlines the learning that takes place through youth work and the range of opportunities offered to young people. It is designed to be flexible, allowing youth workers and young people opportunities to jointly plan activities and programmes that will develop and challenge young people and youth workers, and encourage their creativity and innovation.
Session plan – Stress discussion
Author: Caerphilly Youth Service 2018
This activity encourages young people to consider stress factors and develop/share some positive coping strategies for themselves or others.
Session plan – self esteem and friendship
Author: Violeta Rasmussen, Volunteer, Boys and Girls Clubs of Wales 2018
Session to enhance Self-Esteem and Strengthen Friendship and to create a sense of belonging in the Youth Club among the young people, the volunteers and youth workers in order to create a sense of community. This is a 30/40 minutes session that is aimed at making the Young People feel comfortable in their group, to boost their confidence and enhance their self-esteem. It is suitable for 11-25 year olds.
The session is made of 4 activities with different purposes:
1. to break the ice with all the members of the group
2. to reflect individually through creativity
3. to play and strengthen bonds through competition
4. to release emotions, boost empathy and cooperation using artistic skills.
The session is very relaxing, and meant to be carried out in a calm atmosphere, where emotions and creativity will flow.
Impact: will be developing a sense of belonging with the group, to strengthen the relationships with the other members, to develop empathy, positive thoughts and enhance one's own confidence and self-esteem.
Materials: Colours, papers, pens and pencils will be enough!
My top tips:
1. To explain the aim of the session in the beginning and to make a proper final discussion in the end, allowing each young person to reflect on what they've learned and expressing their thoughts.
2. Take your time to do the activities, if you see that you are running out of time just do what you can and try to extend the session another time. Let the young people enjoy and interact with the time they need. Each group is different, adapt the activities and timings depending on the group you have.
3. At the end of the session, find a space in the room where you can hang the pictures of the Hands and the Affection Portraits. This way the Young People will see the result of their work and they will have a positive feeling every time they see their drawings.
AGENDA: a young people’s guide to making relationships matter
Career Pack i: Young People’s Booklet
CWVYS &Promo Cymru 2008
Career Pack d: Part 2
Author: CWVYS &Promo Cymru 2008
Youth work career pack produced for the Welsh Assembly Government by the Council for Wales of Voluntary Services (CWVYS) and Promo Cymru.
Part 2 contains three interactive workshop sessions to use with young people. It also provides support and information relevant to the planning and delivery of the sessions in youth work facilities or in a classroom, targeting different groups of young people, depending on their level of contact with youth work.
Practitioner Training Qualifying Course – Tutor Pack
Author: Staff College, Wales Youth Agency 2003
Tutor pack for those delivering the Staff College Practitioner Training Qualifying Course in 2003 (a local qualification for workers working with young people).