Your ResultsShowing results using some of your search terms
1. EE Revisited Introduction
Introduction to a series of nine papers taken from a research Ph.D. They are focused on data about the maintained Youth Service in Wales, collected and analysed from 2002 to 2007 when the Youth Service was first being directed by the Welsh Government policy ‘Extending Entitlement’. These are being published in 2017 as there are issues which need to be considered due to the reinvigorated political interest in Extending Entitlement. These papers are intended to be a reminder that the translation of Extending Entitlement policy into practice was not a positive experience for the Youth Service in Wales and that there are inherent dangers that a refreshed Extending Entitlement will have just as many negative connotations unless we learn from, and respond to, the lessons from the past. The papers are:
Extending Entitlement Revisited:
- Paper 1: Setting the scene
- Paper 2: How was the evidence found and analysed?
- Paper 3: The needs of young people and the Maintained Youth Service response
- Paper 4: What did politicians want from the Maintained Youth Service?
- Paper 5: How Knowledgeable were those working in the Maintained Youth Service of its discrete identity during the time of the Extending Entitlement launch?
- Paper 6: Did the Maintained Youth Service have the tools to meet the priorities of Extending Entitlement?
- Paper 7: What was happening in the Maintained Youth Service at the time of Extending Entitlement?
- Paper 8: What did the Maintained Youth Service do after Extending Entitlement and how was this measured?
- Paper 9: Findings and recommendations